Ellie wanted to make cookies today so after looking through the Mary Berry Baking Bible she found these, she made them all on her own and was really pleased with them as you can tell by the smile on her face
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 4oz softened butter
- 3oz caster sugar
- 2oz light muscovado sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 5oz self raising flour
- 4 oz plain chocolate chips we did half milk chocolate and half white
- Preheat the oven to 190 C/Fan 170/ Gas 5
- Lightly grease 3 baking trays
- Put butter and sugars into a mixing bowl and beat until evenly blended. Add vanilla extract to beaten egg then slowly add to butter and sugar mix beating well between each addition.
- Mix in the flour then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon large teaspoons of mixture onto the prepared baking trays leaving room for the cookies to spread.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Watch carefully as these can go from golden to brown very quickly.
- Leave cookies to cool on the baking tray for a few minutes (but not too long or they stick) then carefully lift onto a cooling rack with a palette knife.
By Claire Smith
Adapted from Mary Berry