I thought this post may explain a bit more about why I have taken on this journey of slimming world and the Couch to 5k.
I’m not getting any younger and no I’m not old but if I don’t start now I feel it will be too late so whilst I’m still able to change my ways of eating and live a better healthier lifestyle
I plucked the courage to join my local slimming world group it is on a Saturday morning.
My first time was the scariest time, I’m normally really used to doing things on my own but this was a total first for me. Then at the end, I got on the scales and thought right this is where this journey begins I am never seeing this weight again. I’m 5 weeks in and I can tell you week one was good I lost 3 1/2lbs then week 2 I found that harder and then by week 3 it turned around again, my problem was knowing what was good for me to eat at lunchtimes and breakfast. I can’t give up takeaways as I don’t eat them or drink wine, I do love a Gin but once a month if I’m lucky, I don’t pig out on sweets, biscuits or crisps so you can see my problem. I did like toast and wholemeal bread which made me feel bloated so I’ve cut it down out of my diet which seems to be helping. What do I change I never really had lunch before so that was a first, trying to decide what to eat and as I was constantly thinking about food I was always hungry. So that did not help much. I have got through the first five weeks and I’m on my 6th week now I feel a little more relaxed and I’m sticking to plan and I feel it’s going ok. I’m drinking more water too.
I may not be massively overweight but to me, I hate looking in the mirror and I just want to buy and put on some nice clothes and feel good again and not look like a sack of potatoes. And with my fibromyalgia, I thought losing a bit of weight would help ease the pressure off my joints and make a difference. I want to be fit and healthy as it will make me feel good about myself and this year I’m doing things for me. You have to want to change for the right reasons for this to work if you’re not committed then it’s not the right time for you. It will take a lot of willpower and determination which I have.
A few things I have learnt along the way are.
- Don’t compare yourself to others everyone is different and we are all not meant to be the same.
- Keep going even if you have a gain which I did and could not understand as I had kept on plan again our bodies act so differently, just keep going.
- Make the right choices we all know what’s good for us and that’s not eating a whole cake to ourselves. look at the choices you have and just pick the best one life does not have to be boring.
- Exercise is a good thing but it’s not for everyone, but it is for me that’s why I started the couch to 5k and I’m loving it.
- Drink plenty of water that’s one thing I’ve learnt you may think that your body is telling you that you are hungry but in actual fact you are thirsty, I’m learning to drink more water. I have been adding frozen raspberries to my water bottle to liven it up.
The couch to 5k is fantastic if your not a runner it builds you up over the weeks which I’m now heading into week 3 which I feel I’m really ready for, am I mad to say I’m looking forward to it. Yes probably,
I have got Sarah Millican telling me when to run you can have different sports and celebs tell you which is a great encouragement.
Well I will keep you posted on how it all goes also I’ve started a new Instagram just for my slimming journey ‘Claires slimming journey’
One last thing
Just remember you are beautiful no matter how you look as long as you feel it and love who you are do not change for anyone if there has to be change let it be for you and you only. You only get one chance at life just be free and happy,
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post
Have a lovely week
Love Claire Xx