As you know I love cooking and have an obsession with trying new recipes out, this is a really good one the kids really enjoyed it as it was quiet different, So without further a do I give you “Mexican beef Loaded Wedges”
Mexican Beef Loaded Wedges
- 500g Mince Beef
- 2 Red Pepper sliced
- 2 Grated carrots
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 400g Black beans
- 1 cube beef stock
- Potatoes enough to feed four people
- 150 grams Cheese grated
- 2 Limes
- 1 Mexican mix sachet (from all supermarkets)
- small pot Soured cream
- 2 Spring onions
- Olive Oil
- 300 ml water
- Preheat your oven to 220°C. Chop the potatoes into 2cm wide wedges (no need to peel). Put on a large baking tray, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss together, spread out in a single layer and roast on the top shelf of your oven until golden and crispy, 30-35 mins. Turn halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, halve the pepper and remove the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips. Trim, then coarsely grate the carrot (no need to peel!). Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press). Heat a splash of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the beef mince and cook until browned, 4-5 mins, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Add the carrot and pepper to the pan along with the Mexican spice and garlic. Cook for a couple of minutes then add the tomato passata, water and stock powder. Stir and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce is thick and tomatoey, 10-12 mins. Stir occasionally.
- Whilst everything is cooking, drain and rinse the black beans in a sieve and stir into the beef. Grate the cheddar cheese, trim the ends from the spring onion and thinly slice, keep to one side. Zest then cut the lime into wedges. In a small bowl, mix the soured cream with the lime zest and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- When the wedges are ready, transfer to an ovenproof dish and switch your oven to grill. Set it to high. When your beef mix is thick and saucey spoon it on top of the wedges. Sprinkle on the cheddar cheese and pop under the grill. Grill until the cheese is golden and bubbly, 2-3 mins. Get ready to serve.
- Drizzle half the zesty cream over the dish and finish with a sprinkle of spring onion and lime wedges for squeezing. Pop in the middle of the table with the remaining zesty cream
Hope you enjoy this meal.
Love Claire Xx