Well you have seen the heading and I know your thinking how is this possibly going to be any good its cake all cake is not good for the waist line.
Well think again this is so good and I’m currently working on other recipes to make instead of the lemon I tried raspberry and white chocolate which you will have to add more syns for the chocolate but I can live with that.
My friend made this first and when I tried it the rest is history its from the pinch of nom website there is 8 syns per cake so 1 syn per slice now that does sound good.
So If you want to give the lemon loaf a go here is a link to there website, I will also put it here for you to print.
lemon Cake (slimming world)
- 50 g Self Raising Flour for 8 syns
- 3 tbsp Granulated Sweetener
- 2 Lemons
- 5 Eggs
- Remove the zest from the lemons using a hand grater and separate the egg whites from the yolks
- Mix together the flour, 2 1/2 tbsp of granulated sweetener, the lemon zest, juice of 1 lemon and 5 egg yolks
- In another bowl whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks
- Gently fold the egg whites into the flour and egg yolk mixture, until they are mixed evenly
- Pour the mixture into a loaf tin (I lined the bottom with baking parchment and gave it a quick spray with Frylight just in case)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 180ºC until golden brown or until the knife comes out clean. Don’t be tempted to check it before 25 minutes or the cake will sink!
- While the cake is cooking mix the remaining sweetener with the juice of the other lemon and heat on low in a sauce pan
- When the cake is done (to check insert a knife and it should come out clean) remove it from the oven, turn the heat down to 100ºC then pour the lemon syrup over the top of the cake and put it back in for another 10 minutes
- Leave to cool, and then cut into 8 equal slices
For the raspberry and white chocolate loaf I replaced the lemon with 150g raspberries and 100g melted chocolate, I added 3tsp of vanilla to the mix , I found the sponge was very plain so im still playing with flavours if you have any ideas please let me know I would love to hear your thoughts.
Make sure you share your bakes with me here and on my social media I love seeing them.